Monday, July 27, 2009

To my closest friend

I know you won't read this and you won't understand it but I just want to say how I will miss you when you are gone.
We grow up together and you are my sister. We meet a few time a year and don't spend much time together but I love you most. I never hide anything from you and you alone are the only one I share my secret. You might be my cousin but you are also my friend and sister.
There are rarely anything common between us. We look different and act different. You learn French, I learn English. You have tons of friends, I don't have many. You love to draw and I such at it. You can't cook and I can (not very well thought). It's amazing how we can be so different from each other but what more important is despite all those differences I love you and I hope you feel the same.
We have a beautiful childhood together. I remember that night on the train we wake each other up to chat and eat some spice we found in the noodle. I remember the time your brother, my cousin, entertains us with story he make up. I remember you braising my hair before we goes to sleep and I wake up with curry hair. I remember we stay up so late chatting about everything going on in our lives when we ain't with each other.
But I have know for a long time we won't be together forever. What we want goes beyond this city or country. We will go along way to learn, to work, to experiment. It's just a matter of time. And now you are leaving. It might not seem to be such a long time but the future is uncertain. I can't tell when you finish school where would I be at the time. What I most certain is I probably won't be able to wait for you at the airport and say "Welcome home". But no matter how far away you are we will still be good friend. No matter what happen, our blood still bond us together and we are still cousin. And one day in the future we will meet and it would be like old time when we lay side by side and talk about the part of our lives that didn't include each other.
I wrote this not because I want you to know about it but the opposite. These sad feeling will only make your path more difficult. I know I will cry on the day you go and that would be the end my sadness. What I will do is be there for you when you meet difficulty. So far away I don't know if I can be any help but no matter what happen you can talk to me. Even if I can't fix it, I can listen to it and maybe make you feel better. I don't really know. This is one of those times in my life that I feel I don't have any control over anything, that I am small and insignificant but I will try to be of some use for you, my dearest.

A post much need for me.

No comments: