Monday, May 17, 2010

At the end of the road

I have an assignment that doesn't seem to go anywhere so here I am writing another blog to vent.
Finally, after nearly two years at the university I can see the graduation day. But here come the big question of "What's next?". For the first time in my life, I can't imagine what my next step will be and it is unnerving. The last time I have to make a decision of this kind is when I just finish high school. But even then, I was sure that I will get into a good Vietnamese university and the worst is I will do the same as the majority of high school students. Yet, as the time, I had a bad break down and practically lock myself in the house, siting in a dark room reading ebook. That is one of the worst time in my life.
Now I face the same question with a lot more pressure. I no longer have four years to figure out my life. All the grand plan and all the talk doesn't help me planning my paths. Speaking as a PR practitioner, I have all those (probably unrealistic) goals yet no tactics to achieve them. Fact is I haven't even got through situation analysis. I know I have some advantages to my friend and have a high chance of landing a good job but I can't imagine my life then. I've never working for a salary a day in my life, I don't know how busy will I be and more importantly what will I do to improve my life. I graduate university, I know I want to get a master but I don't even know what kind of master degree I want to get let alone where they teach it and how am I going to afford it.
I have gone a long way since secondary school. I get into better high school compare to my secondary classmates and get into better university than my high school friends. But this is the end of this methods. Being a good student will not help me anymore. From here, the factors that determine success will be completely different from before and I have no idea what those factors are and whether I have them.
My life is a mess.

1 comment:

NHACF.COM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.